Further Fitness Internship
Further Fitness is a semi-private personal training facility. Co-owners Maribel and Jamie, have over 30 years combined experience in NYC before opening the 6,200 sq. ft Kingston facility in April 2017.
And we're growing! In the first two months of 2018 our membership has nearly doubled.
In addition to our semi-private training, we will soon be adding yoga, massage and golf training.
We train men and women, 45+ years of age looking to stay active and injury-free.
What We Have to Offer You
Practical experience in a semi-private personal training facility. We'll take you through our intake, assessment and training program as if you were a member and then explain it to you from a trainer's perspective. You'll get hands-on experience and understanding from both sides of the barbell.
You will learn:
- The new prospect intake we use that gets us a 90% closing rate.
- How we use our movement assessment to prevent injury and train a wide variety of members together in the same program.
- Our programming models and why we structure them the way we do.
- About creating sales funnels and marketing content.
- About organizing and promoting community building events.
You're going to get to work alongside two very experienced trainers, where you will learn the systems we've spent years refining.
And if you're looking for long-term career development, we have numerous opportunities for you to grow and be challenged. Upon successful completion of the internship you will be considered for a personal trainer position.
Who We're Looking For
Someone to eventually join our team as a personal trainer who:
- has positive energy and the desire to work with older adults.
- is compassionate, trustworthy and honest.
- is a wonderful listener.
- never wants to stop learning.
- is committed to personal training as a full-time career.
A personal trainer certification is preferred but not required.