Meet Your Coaches!
Jamie Dreyer and Maribel Torres have been co-owners of Further Fitness since 2012 when they opened their first location on Long Island until the lure of the Hudson Valley was too great to ignore. They made the decision to pack up their belongings, dumbbells and love of fitness, to make Kingston their home town in 2014.
Jamie and Maribel feel the free weight section of the gym is not just for the experienced lifter, but also for people looking to live a longer, healthier and more active life.
They specialize in working with clients who may be intimidated with free weights but are eager to learn how they can be stronger in their lives!
Coach Jamie Dreyer
- Certified Personal Trainer - American Council on Exercise - 1997
- Associates in Science from S.C.C.C. - Fitness Specialist - 1999
- Functional Movement Screen - Functional Movement Systems - 2007
- Exercise Coach - CHEK Institute - 2008
- Level 1 Sports Performance Coach - USAW - 2009
- L.I.F.T. Coach - Henkin Fitness - 2010
Coach Maribel Torres
- Hofstra University Certified Personal Trainer - 2007
- NASM-CPT National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer - 2009
- NASM-PES National Academy of Sports Medicine Performance Enhancement Specialist - 2010
- Chek Institute Holistic Coach Level 1 - 2010
- DVRT Certified Level 1 - 2010
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified - 2017
Stella is the official mascot of Further Fitness. She comes to us by way of the Ulster County SPCA.
Stella absolutely loves all humans and will keep you company while your doing your warm-ups. But watch out, if she feels you need more work on your core stability, she'll challenge you by nudging you at the most inconvenient times!
She likes showing off by running at super speed and jumping over anyone laying on the floor.